RESIDENTS say they’re reaping the benefit of ‘transformational’ Muir improvements to the homes on their estate.
The residents of 49 homes in Montrose Close, Warrington, are having properties re-roofed, re-cladded, re-glazed and re-insulated, as well as having their fire resistance enhanced.
They’ve been sharing their delight as Muir continues to regenerate the estate, telling us how the “brilliant” results are giving the community warmer and better-looking homes to be proud of.
Fellow resident, Gaynor Rhodes said: “It’s like a new bungalow really. It’s made it all a lot better.”
Work began on the refit in June 2022, with Frank Rogers Building Contractors Ltd working on-site to enhance homes for residents, which will also make them more energy efficient and reduce bills.
Another resident, Sheila Dunkin said: “I couldn’t wish for anything better – I’m very, very happy.”
“We’ve had new windows, new roof and doors and it’s totally transformed the bungalow.
“It’s so much warmer. It’s made a vast difference.”
“I absolutely love it.”
The refit of all Muir’s Montrose Close properties is scheduled to complete in early 2024.
Tony Jones, Muir’s Asset Services Manager said: “We’re delighted with the outcomes we’re seeing and really pleased with the progress being made – providing residents with properties they can be proud of and homes to happy in.
- Re-roofing with modern concrete interlocking pan tiles.
- The re-cladding of external walls with a mixture of facing brickwork, proprietary silicone render and Glass Reinforced Concrete (GRC) weatherboard cladding – compliant with British Board of Agrément fire and building safety industry standards.
- Replace existing entrance canopy and supporting structures with modern, metal framed glazed entrance canopies.
- Complete re-glazing with PVC-framed double-glazed windows and doors.
- Enhancing fire resistance properties of dividing walls between roof spaces.
- Reviewing the energy efficiency of properties and assessing potential requirements for future renewable energy technologies.