TEMPERATURES are set to be sky high as the sun soars overhead.
So, it’s important to stay cool and look out for others around you too.
We’ve got some great sun safety tips to help ensure you and your friends and neighbours don’t overheat.
And there are some great ways to keep your pets feeling fresh in the hot weather as well!
- Avoid the heat: stay out of the sun and don’t go out between 11am and 3pm.
- Keep rooms cool by closing the shades or curtains.
- Have cool baths or showers and splash yourself with cool water.
- Drink cold drinks regularly, such as water.
- Avoid too much alcohol, drinks high in sugar and drinks that have caffeine in them, like tea, coffee and cola.
- Plan ahead to make sure you have enough food, water and any medications you need.
- Find the coolest room in the house so you know where to go to keep cool.
- Set up a fan near to where you are to keep air circulating.
- Wear loose, cool clothing, and a hat and sunglasses if you go outdoors.
- Check up on friends, family and neighbours who may be less able to look after themselves.
If you're concerned about a neighbour or need additional support, please contact Muir on 0300 123 1222.
You can get some great advice on ensuring your pets remain cool in the hot weather too.
Take a look at some information offered by the RSPCA to see how you can help your pets here: https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/seasonal/summer/dogs