Home Contents Insurance

As a Muir resident, you’re responsible for insuring the contents inside your home.

We provide Buildings Insurance, but Home Contents Insurance is your responsibility.

We’d advise all our residents to get Home Contents Insurance, so you can replace items in your home if anything gets damaged or stolen.

That way, you know they’ll be covered.


Contents insurance image

Who can help?

We partner with Thistle Tenant Risks and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited who provide a Crystal Insurance Scheme, specially designed for social housing residents like you.

It offers cover for damage or loss of items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

It can also cover anything you buy over the Christmas period, just in case Santa gets a little too merry and falls on something under the tree!

The pay-as-you-go policies offer flexible ways to pay, and low minimum amounts, meaning you only pay for cover you need.


Contents insurance image How do I know what home contents insurance I need?

You should consider how much your home contents and personal belongings might cost to replace so you can insure things for the right amount.

This online calculator will help you think about how much you may need to insure your things for: www.crystal-insurance.co.uk/calculator-form

This will help make sure you aren’t underinsured. For example, if your contents are worth £20,000 but you only valued them at £10,000 on your policy, you’d be underinsured – meaning you’d only receive £10,000 – so it’s important to insure things for the right amount.



How can I learn more?

To find out more about the Crystal Insurance Scheme or to get a quote:

Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286 or visit www.crystal-insurance.co.uk where you can also request a call back.