Help 4 You - Bills and one off costs
Gas and Electricity
Gas and electricity represent a large chunk of the household budget, but there are ways to minimise this expense.
Check to see:
- If changing supplier would reduce your bills. Go to www.uswitch.com or to http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity.
- If changing the way you pay your bill could help. Contact your gas / electricity supplier.
- If you are in gas and/or electricity arrears see if your supplier has a charitable trust that could help.
- If you qualify for the £150 Warm Home Discount for the months between October and March. Go to: https://www.gov.uk/the-warm-home-discount-scheme/what-youll-get.
- If you or your partner qualify for a Winter Fuel Payment. Go to: https://www.gov.uk/winter-fuel-payment/overview.
Whether you can reduce your water bill will depend on whether you have a water meter or pay water rates, as well as your income.
Contact your water supplier to see what they can offer.
Alternatively contact a member of Muir's Tenancy Sustainment Team here: www.muir.org.uk/tenancy-support