Universal Credit

Universal Credit is for people of working age, designed to top up your income to a minimum level and help you with your housing costs (rent and some service charges).

Universal Credit is for people on a low to moderate income.

It does not matter whether you are working or not, or the reason why you are not working.

Universal Credit is paid in one lump sum and on a monthly basis, and includes help to pay your rent. This help isn’t paid separately, like Housing Benefit.

Usually all the Universal Credit is paid straight to you, so you have to pay your rent out of this money.

To learn more about Universal Credit, click here: www.gov.uk/universal-credit

For some self-help videos, click here


IMPORTANT: Universal Credit does not include help with your Council Tax. You must claim Council Tax Support separately, from your local council.